Wow, it looks like it was quite the place. Is it open to the elements? How could it be deteriorating so fast? It looks like it's been sitting a lot longer than the the mid-90's.
This video shows my all time favorite movie theater in Montreal. As a teenager spent many a weekend hanging out with friends and on dates. Fell on hard times in the nineties thanks to the multi-plex theater. Watch the video to at least the halfway mark.
Gustavo
YouTube - Urban Exploration: Cinema 5 - Montreal / NDG
Wow, it looks like it was quite the place. Is it open to the elements? How could it be deteriorating so fast? It looks like it's been sitting a lot longer than the the mid-90's.
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA
..agreed: looks like it's from some post-apocalyptic flick like Planet of the Apes. Perhaps the piles of dirt in the chairs and dust on those nice TAR-FILLED horns is from a jack-hammer job?
Jon a.
You're right, now that I thought about it, mid to late eighties was about the time when the theater began to have problems staying in business. It open and closed under different management several times before finally shutting down for good about '91, '92. Over the last several years there has been talk by community groups and the town to restore the building to it's former status, but all has failed due to a lack of funds.
Cheers
I remember this theater . It was the place to go for a quick start to a relationship.
This will hurt even more . It was the only theater with a fold up curtain.Very Expensive.
........................
Are these speakers still there that as in the video or photographs?
Who would you contact to go get them if you were in the area?
If I was local , I would be trying to get some contact info, or go rouge........
-chris
"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.
"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.
Just wear a dust mask. Those tar filled horns should not be lost! They sure don't make them like that anymore.
"Heaven rest us
I'm not asbestos"
That video was taken a year ago and the speakers were still there after almost two decades, very tempted to drop by and find out. Short distance from my place of work, a local community center still has an office in the building, it might be worth dropping in to see if they are still there and worth saving if they can be had cheap. Already have a pair of A7-500, would make for a very cramped space.
Cheers
Bookmarks